Thursday, January 19, 2012
GM Questionnaire - Answers for Zak
1. If you had to pick a single invention in a game you were most proud of what would it be?
Turning Keep on the Shadowfell into a generational soap opera
2. When was the last time you GMed?
3. When was the last time you played?
4. Give us a one-sentence pitch for an adventure you haven't run but would like to.
The adventurers engage in an ornithopter battle as Atlantis crumbles
5. What do you do while you wait for players to do things?
Look stony faced, or hum merrily in an innocent fashion
6. What, if anything, do you eat while you play?
Pizza, crisps, sausages, sweets, chocolate
7. Do you find GMing physically exhausting?
8. What was the last interesting (to you, anyway) thing you remember a PC you were running doing?
Romancin' the Queen of the Shadow Fey
9. Do your players take your serious setting and make it unserious? Vice versa? Neither?
I gave up on running 100% serious a while ago...
10. What do you do with goblins?
Cockernies, luv a duck.
11. What was the last non-RPG thing you saw that you converted into game material (background, setting, trap, etc.)?
The most common thing is people's voices for NPCs
12. What's the funniest table moment you can remember right now?
The intrepid macho adventurers charging into a broom-cupboard
13. What was the last game book you looked at--aside from things you referenced in a game--why were you looking at it?
d20 Fading Suns. It's great setting and I might try it in True20
14. Who's your idea of the perfect RPG illustrator?
15. Does your game ever make your players genuinely afraid?
Not scared, but concerned for their characters - all the time.
16. What was the best time you ever had running an adventure you didn't write? (If ever)
The Freeport Trilogy
17. What would be the ideal physical set up to run a game in?
A large farm house with easy kitchen access
18. If you had to think of the two most disparate games or game products that you like what would they be?
Elric! and Dogs in the Vineyard (sorry Zak)
19. If you had to think of the most disparate influences overall on your game, what would they be?
Final Fantasy VII and the Carry On films
20. As a GM, what kind of player do you want at your table?
Intelligent, willing to engage
21. What's a real life experience you've translated into game terms?
Living in Devon
22. Is there an RPG product that you wish existed but doesn't?
A Legend/MRQ2/RQ6 version of Griffin Mountain
23. Is there anyone you know who you talk about RPGs with who doesn't play? How do those conversations go?
My wife - she hasn't played for a while. My brother - the same. They're still interested though.